Wooden floors found in school halls, sports halls, gyms, corridors and classrooms take a lot of wear and tear over the years, from being used for assemblies to dinner halls. Over time they start to look worse for wear and in need of renovation to bring them back to looking almost like new.
CMT Flooring will come and inspect the floor, looking at how it is used on a daily basis. We will then offer solutions to match your needs and budget.
Parquet block or hardwood floors can be restored to their original beauty, if repairs to damaged areas of the floor are required these can be undertaken also.
The work itself
- The floor is sanded with varying grades of paper ranging from 40grit up to 120grit to give a nice fine finish.
- The machines we use have built in dust collectors to keep the dust down, however we also use additional dust extraction units that remove up to 99% of all the dust produced
- Edging sanders are used on the edges and the corners are ground out.
- If repairs are required, these will be done prior to the sanding of the floor
- We then apply one base coat and THREE top coats of either a Junckers or Bona commercial water based floor lacquer
Wood Floor for Schools Gallery
Granwood floorsCMT Flooring have over 18 years’ experience in the renovation of Granwood sports floors. Hall floors such as sports floors, gymnasiums and school hall floors need to be maintained just like any other flooring. Over time Granwood flooring appears dull and has a yellowish colouration. When this happens the only option that is available is to sand the floor to remove the existing finish then recoat the floor using Granwood lacquers We can also carry out repairs to damaged or broken Granwood blocks, matching the colour of the existing blocks to the new.
The work itself
- The floor is sanded to a very fine finish using 40-120grit sanding belts
- The floor is resealed using 3 coats of Granwood seal
- Court line markings can be applied prior to the final coats of seal being applied
Due to the very fine dust that is produced when a Granwood floor is sanded, we use additional dust extraction units to remove the dust as it is produced, this removes almost all of the fine dust.
We cover the following areas within Birmingham
Acocks Green, Aston, Bartley Green, Billesley, Bordesley, Bournville, Brandwood, Castle Vale, Edgbaston, Erdington, Hall Green, Handsworth, Harborne, Hodge Hill, Kings Norton, Kingstanding, Ladywood, Longbridge, Lozells East Handsworth, Moseley, Kings Heath, Nechells, Northfield